The Differences Between the EatSmart Body Fat Scales: GetFit vs. Body Check
All bathroom scales measure your weight. However, weight alone is not an accurate indicator of health. A body fat scale can distinguish between pounds that come from body fat and pounds that come from mass muscle and total body water, providing a complete picture of health. Body fat scales such as the Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale and the Precision Body Check Digital Body Fat Scale are great tools to monitor your health and fitness at home.
How they work: EatSmart body fat scales use BIA (Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis) technology to send a low intensity electrical signal through the body. The rate at which the signal flows through body, combined with the user’s gender, height, age, activity level, allows the scale to calculate body composition. This signal is perfectly safe and is not felt by the user.
Body fat scales are ideal when losing weight or training for an athletic event. Even if weight plateaus, users could notice a decrease in body fat and increased muscle mass. Body water ratios are higher in lean tissue than fat tissue and knowing your stats is a good indicator of your body’s health. Water ratios are especially important for athletes, as dehydration can derail performance.
Body fat scales give you the information you need to ensure that you are on the right path to health and fitness.
In addition to measuring weight, both of the EatSmart Body Fat Scales provide the user with a total body composition analysis. Both scales share the following features:
- Measure up to 400lbs and display an accurate readout to the nearest 0.2 lbs
- Use “Step-On” technology – no more tapping to turn on your scale
- Store up to 8 unique user profiles, and recognize the individual user as soon as they step on the scale
- Athlete mode allows active users to get more accurate readings for health metrics
- Sturdy, slim profiles that will fit perfectly (and look good!) in your bathroom
- Contain detailed instruction manuals (which also defines body fat, body water, body muscle and bone mass) and come with batteries
- Bright blue backlit LCD displays with touch screen buttons
- Backed by 100% EatSmart Guaranteed Product Satisfaction
The Precision GetFit Body Fat Scale comes in black and is a square with rounded edges. The Body Check Scale is white with slightly curved top and bottom edges. The LCD screen on the GetFit is a square and slightly smaller than the rectangular LCD screen on the Body Check.
EXTRA FEATURES – BMI AND CALORIE INTAKE
In addition to weight, the GetFit Body Fat Scale calculates body fat, muscle mass, total body water and bone mass. The Body Check Scale monitors 7 important health metrics including weight, body fat, muscle mass, total body water, bone mass, BMI (Body Mass Index), and estimated caloric intake. The daily caloric intake estimate calculates how many calories are needed to maintain your weight.
The Body Check Scale features a unique weight lock-in indicator. When the user’s weight is registered, the scale will beep allowing them to step off the scale and easily view the display. The GetFit does not have this beep feature.
Anyone looking for a long term commitment to a healthy lifestyle would benefit from using a body fat scale.