Slow-Cooker Curried Vegetable Lentil Soup
They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb and that seems to be the case in 2016. With temperatures still chilly in much of the country, it is a perfect weekend to make a simple, comforting soup. This slow-cooker vegetarian soup is easy to make and tastes great. Enjoy!
- 2 cups uncooked lentils
- 1 can Garbanzo beans/chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
For cooking instructions visit Dishing Out Health.
About the Author: Jamie Vespa is a Registered Dietitian and health food blogger with a passion for food, fitness and getting creative in the kitchen. Jamie’s blog, Dishing Out Health, offers nutritious recipes to help prove that eating healthy can taste just as good as it feels.