Planning to get your holiday bake on? These easy to make Italian Ricotta Cookies are cake-like, fluffy and festive .
- 3 1/2 cups (495g) all-purpose flour*
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 15 oz. ricotta, whole milk or fresh (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter (salted or unsalted), melted
- 3 3/4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or 1 1/4 tsp almond extract and more milk as needed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 – 6 Tbsp milk
About the Author: I’m Jaclyn, a twenty something wife and mother, as well as the self-taught cook, baker, writer, editor and photographer behind CookingClassy.com. Cooking Classy is a place for me to share the food I love. Please follow along and lets create something delicious!