Fall isn’t far off which means hearty soups, apple crisps and other seasonal recipes are on the horizon. Add this healthy, vegetarian Butternut Squash Risotto recipe to your fall menu.
- 2½ cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups (one box) chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- ½ cup yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup risotto
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme or sage
- zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
About the Author: LeAndra is the author, cook, photographer, and chief dishwasher behind the blog Love & Flour. She is learning to like quinoa almost as much as she likes chocolate chip cookies.