Avocado Egg Salad
Creamy avocados are the perfect way to spruce up traditional egg salad. They are delicious and filled with healthy fats. This recipe for egg salad completely eliminates mayonnaise.
1 small onion
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Add 6-8 cups water to a pot with a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
2. Add eggs to boiling water & boil for 10-12 minutes.
3. Strain the eggs and run them under cold water until they are cool to touch.
4. Peel eggs.
5. Cut peeled eggs in half – throw out 4 egg yolks.
6. Put 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites in a bowl and dice.
7. Dice onion.
8. Combine avocado pulp and lemon juice in a small blender & puree.
9. Mix eggs, onion, and avocado puree.
10. Add salt & pepper to taste.
11. Serve with crackers or chips or whole wheat bread & enjoy!
About the Author: Karen Welby is the Marketing Director of EatSmart Products. Outside of EatSmart, she is a runner and running coach and can be found on twitter, @coach_karenw.