Creamy avocados are the perfect way to spruce up traditional egg salad. They are delicious and filled with healthy fats. This recipe for egg salad completely eliminates mayonnaise.
1 small onion
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Add 6-8 cups water to a pot with a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
2. Add eggs to boiling water & boil for 10-12 minutes.
3. Strain the eggs and run them under cold water until they are cool to touch.
4. Peel eggs.
5. Cut peeled eggs in half – throw out 4 egg yolks.
6. Put 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites in a bowl and dice.
7. Dice onion.
8. Combine avocado pulp and lemon juice in a small blender & puree.
9. Mix eggs, onion, and avocado puree.
10. Add salt & pepper to taste.
11. Serve with crackers or chips or whole wheat bread & enjoy!
About the Author: Karen Welby is the Marketing Director of EatSmart Products. Outside of EatSmart, she is a runner and running coach and can be found on twitter, @coach_karenw.