This Coconut Almond Slaw is light, bright and goes great with grilled seafood or chicken, or on a bed of mixed greens as a salad.
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon low- fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced red peppers
- 3 ounces coconut almonds, chopped (about 28 almonds per ounce 28 G)
- In a large bowl mix the shredded cabbage, and red peppers.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper then add to the cabbage mixture. Then add the coconut almonds.
- Mix well to combine and adjust for seasoning.
- Finally sprinkle with parsley and serve.
About the Author, Marlene A. Baird: I was born and raised in San Francisco, California. My cooking style was influenced by my Mediterranean heritage (the island of Malta). I have a passion for making healthy versions of a variety of recipes from all over the world. You can find more of my recipes on my blog, Nosh My Way or follow me on Twitter, @Marbaird.