Lentil-Mashed Potato Patties
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried cilantro or 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- 2 cups of cooked lentils
- 16 saltine crackers
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1 drop of liquid smoke
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup of oil for frying
- Take two cups of the cooked lentils and mix with the two cups of mashed potatoes and thoroughly mash both together.
- Next, you will add all the spices, the chopped onion, and the crackers, which were rolled out into fine crumbs.
- Mix the ingredients together by hand and shape into the size of the patties you want.
- Fry them in about 1/4 cup of oil until lightly browned.
About the Author: Being health conscious, Mary B. likes to share helpful tips and her own recipes to promote healthier eating on her Nuts 4 Stuff Blog as well as beauty, reviews, giveaways, thrifty tips, household solutions, and basically everything she’s nuts about to share with her readers. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Bloglovin’.