Coconut Almond Cups – Gluten Free
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut – Tropical Traditions
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream Concentrate (well mixed) – Tropical Traditions
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Powdered Sugar – Wholesome Sweeteners
- 16 Raw, Organic Almonds
- 8 oz Organic Dark Chocolate – chopped (you can substitute vegan/dairy free to make this suitable for your dietary restrictions)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coconut Oil – Tropical Traditions
- 16 Mini muffin/cupcake liners to line the muffin/cupcake pan
Method of Preparation:
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Line 16 cups in the mini muffin/cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the unsweetened coconut, coconut cream concentrate, and powdered sugar.
- Mix well and set aside. If not moist enough add a little more of the coconut cream concentrate or coconut cream that has risen to the top of the jar.
- Add dark chocolate and coconut oil to a double boiler (or in the microwave – be sure to watch carefully). Continue to stir often until fully melted.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out coconut mixture and roll into balls – you should yield 16 balls.
- Place on a silpat or plastic cutting board and top with one almond. Slightly press down.
- Once the chocolate has melted, using a teaspoon scoop one teaspoon into each prepared mini muffin cup.
- Next, add one ball of coconut mixture with almond to each muffin cup and slightly press down until the chocolate starts to come up around the sides of the coconut ball.
- Top each with another teaspoon of melted chocolate so all of the coconut mixture is covered.
- Place tray in the freezer or refrigerator until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
About the Author: Jenny Manseau is a Chef, Culinary Nutrition student and author of the blog Creative Cooking Gluten Free. Jenny created her website after being diagnosed in 2008 with Celiac Disease and takes many “regular” every day recipes and alters them to the gluten-free diet.