Strawberry Chia Scones – Gluten Free
- 1 Package of Pamela’s Products Biscuit & Scone Mix or your favorite scone mix.
- 8 Tablespoons of Butter or Butter Alternative (Earth Balance), Cold
- 1/3 Cup Wholesome Sweetener Organic Sugar
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Strawberries, Diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
Place rack in top third of oven and pre-heat oven to 375°.
Combine dry mix and sugar. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or pastry blender, cut in butter until pea-sized crumbs are formed. Add milk. Add strawberries and chia seeds, mix until well incorporated. Take two large spoons and scoop scones onto a prepared baking sheet (either greased or parchment lined.) You can sprinkle the top with a little bit of sugar before baking if you wish. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool slightly and enjoy.
About the Author: Jenny Manseau is a Chef, Culinary Nutrition student and author of the blog Creative Cooking Gluten Free. Jenny created her website after being diagnosed in 2008 with Celiac Disease and takes many “regular” every day recipes and alters them to the gluten-free diet.