Homemade Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- Plug in your waffle iron and let it heat up.
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk. In a separate bowl mix the beaten eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir with whisk until just combined. If your waffle iron isn’t seasoned and needs it, spray the hot iron wiht a little cooking spray.
- Ladle on about ½ – ¾ cup of the batter (or whatever the manufacture recomments) and close the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown on each side and comes up easily.
- Serve and enjoy!
About the Author: Danielle is a work-at-home-mom of two beautiful kids ages 2 and 4 and writes at the Simmworks Family Blog. She loves to blog about her family life in San Diego, the journey to healthy living, her family’s favorite recipes, going green, and crafting.