Lighter Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 & 1/3 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c agave nectar
- 1/3 c vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp oil (I used olive – but you can use coconut, almond, etc.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 80z container of Cool Whip or whipped cream of your choice.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add agave, yogurt, oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, and milk. Mix for 2 minutes, or until everything is incorporated.
- Pour into well greased 8 inch round glass pie pan or 8×8 glass square pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice strawberries while allowing cake to cool completely.
- Cut cake into pieces. Place a large dollup of cool whip and a handful of strawberries on each piece. (The more strawberries the better!)
- Serve & enjoy!
About the Author: Jenna Majchrzak has a sweet tooth but strives to eat healthy. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking and baking.