Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal with Walnuts (and Pomegranates)
This Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal is a great way to start your day. It’s loaded with healthy ingredients and baking a batch of it allows you to have a “go-to” breakfast all week long. If you have a sweet tooth, I would recommend increasing the amount of sweetener in the batter. However, I find that using a topping such as maple syrup or peanut butter adds enough “sweet”.
- 3 cups of Rolled Oats (240 grams)
- 1.5 cups of Pumpkin (366 grams)
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk (use the milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1.5 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Butter *or the nut butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup (32 grams) *or the sweetener of your choice – agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon of Hemp Seeds (15 grams) *OPTIONAL
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Walnuts (30 grams) *or the nut of your choice
- Pomegranates to sprinkle on top *OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl
- Grease 9×12 inch baking dish
- Spread evenly into pan and sprinkle extra walnuts on top
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes
- Serve with maple syrup or topping of choice; honey, yogurt, peanut butter, pomegranates, etc.
Can you believe it? This recipe is actually vegan!! 🙂
About the Author: Karen Welby is the Marketing Director of EatSmart Products. Outside of EatSmart, she is a certified Health Coach and Personal Trainer.