The celebration of Valentine’s Day brings along with it many sugary temptations including;
- Mazes of chocolates nestled in beautiful red boxes
- Tiny candy hearts covered in love notes
- Heart shaped red PEEPS (seems to me that these Peeps do not miss a holiday)
- Red Foil Hershey Kisses…..You get the idea– the list goes on and on.
One sensible way to avoid these high sugar confections is to make your own Chocolate Dipped Strawberries—-so yummy your sweetheart will love you for your efforts. Let’s keep in mind that the centerpiece of this glorious combination is the nutrient -rich strawberry, an excellent source of Vitamin C and packed with antioxidants. Dipped in heart healthy dark chocolate (minimum 70 percent cocoa)—you now have a much healthier but OH SO TASTY treat.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
All you will need is two ingredients:
- 18-20 large fresh, strawberries (preferably organic)
- 8-10 ounces (225 – 285 grams) of good quality, dark or bittersweet chocolate, rated 70%, chopped coarse
For the full recipe please visit the blog, A Food Centric Life.
The hard part is eating just one or two. Pictured below is a 150 calorie serving (approximate) weighed using the EatSmart Precision Elite Kitchen Scale.
Are you making your own healthy Valentine’s Day treats? Please share in the comments below.
About the Author: Maria Geronimo is the Public Relations Director at EatSmart Products.