How to Make Your Own Green Smoothie
After indulging in the holidays, it’s a great time to eat lighter and detox your body. If you are new to detoxing, one easy thing you can do is to start drinking green smoothies. They are healthy, easy, fast and great in place of breakfast, lunch or your highly processed sugary, full of fat afternoon snack. Try one today and let me know your favorite combo! Cheers!
- Bananas (fresh or frozen) – they are used for creaminess too! (½ – 1 whole)
- Frozen fruit – strawberries, blueberries, mango, peaches (½ cup – 1 cup)
- Apples (pears) (about ½ of the fruit)
- A handful (about a ¼ cup) raw nuts –cashews, almonds, walnuts
- ½ avocado – will give you a thicker smoothie
- Coconut oil
- Ground flax seed
- Maca powder (adds energy)
- Chia (high in omega fats, protein and fiber)
- Bee pollen (for allergies, reproductive & sexual issues, increase energy, stamina & immunity)
- Cacao powder/ nibs (for a chocolaty version that is full of minerals, vitamins and tons of antioxidants!)
- Ginger (for a spicy healthy kick!)
- Stevia (for a sweeter version – use only a few drops!)
- Water or Coconut Water
- Almond, Coconut, Rice or Hemp Milk
- Put all ingredients in your blender. (I highly recommend Vitamix!)
- Add liquid of choice.
- Happy blending!
What’s your favorite ingredient to add to a smoothie?
About the Author: Abby Phon is a Certified Holistic Health Coach. She leads corporate workshops on nutrition and lifestyle, conducts food tours, cooking demonstrations and offers individual health and nutrition coaching around the world. She is also a certified Shiatsu practitioner, a licensed massage therapist, an AFAA nationally certified group fitness instructor, an IntenSati Leader and a certified Oneness Blessing (Deeksha) Giver.