Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
This recipe was originally inspired by this recipe from Pinterest, because it was listed in grams (so I could use my EatSmart Precision Pro Kitchen Scale) – and it looked pretty tasty. Bake these “brownies” for your Holiday party and impress your guests.
I love baking with pumpkin because it’s incredibly healthy! 100 g provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol; yet, it is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins.
- 366 grams Pumpkin (1.5 cups)
- 98 grams Rolled Oats (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 140 grams Agave Nectar (1/2 cup) * Feel free to use maple syrup or honey
- 175 grams Whole Wheat Flour (1.5 cups)
- 7 grams Baking Soda (1 tablespoon)
- 3 grams Salt (Sprinkle)
- 2 grams Cinnamon (Sprinkle)
- 3 grams Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
- 155 grams Dark Chocolate Chips (1 cup)
- Sprinkle of sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in mixing bowl
- Grease 9x13inch baking pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes – until toothpick comes out clean
About the Author: Karen Welby is the Marketing Director of EatSmart Products. Outside of EatSmart, she is a certified Health Coach and Personal Trainer.