Gluten Free Recipe: Grilled Swordfish and Mango Salsa
Guest Post by Jenny Manseau, Culinary Arts/Culinary Nutrition student and author of the blog Creative Cooking Gluten Free.
- 3/4 – 1 Pound of Swordfish Fillet – cut in half (enough for two people)
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Olive Oil
Directions: Lightly brush the swordfish fillet with olive oil and squeeze the lime juice over it and season with salt and pepper – flip and repeat on the other side.
Pre-heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat (be sure to use a little olive oil on the grill pan). Add the swordfish and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. Top with Mango Salsa (see below)
Onion-Free Mango Salsa
- 2 Large Ripe Mango – Diced(about 1 1/2 – 2 cups)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper – Diced (about 1/2 – 3/4 cup)
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Finely Chopped Cilantro (You can add more depending on your taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup black beans (rinsed and drained) – Optional.
Directions: Add diced mango, red pepper, olive oil, lime juice, black beans (optional) and season with salt and pepper – taste. Add cilantro last and mix to combine well. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Serve Swordfish and salsa alongside rice or mixed steamed vegetables.
About the Author: Jenny Manseau is a Culinary Arts/Culinary Nutrition student and author of the blog Creative Cooking Gluten Free. Jenny created her website after being diagnosed in 2008 with Celiac Disease and takes many “regular” every day recipes and alters them to the gluten-free diet.