Guest Post by Shana Paladino-Ripp, Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach and Owner of Balanced Health with Shana.
¾ Cup Raw Cacao Powder
2 Cups Ground Organic Raw Almonds
¾ Cup Raw Agave Nectar
½ Cup Raw Cacao Nibs
Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
1 Cup Dried Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Combine all ingredients except for the coconut flakes in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Roll up your sleeves, take a small amount of the mixture, and roll small balls between your palms. Dip each ball in a separate smaller bowl containing the coconut flakes.
You can freeze or refrigerate the truffles overnight to harden them. Keep cold until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of the Raw Cacao Truffles:
– Raw Cacao has the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world and rich in chromium, manganese, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium- all essential trace minerals. The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology published a study in 2009 wherein they found that chocolate with a high cocoa percentage could help protect skin from UV damage. Cornell University found in a study that cacao has twice the antioxidants of red wine and up to three times the amounts found in green tea.
– Raw Cacao can lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol and promotes healthy blood flow which reduces the risk of strokes, heart attacks and blood clots
– Raw Cacao contains very little caffeine
– Raw Cacao is rich in Flavonoids which is a cancer-fighting antioxidant
– Raw Cacao is high in magnesium (which is essential for maintaining brain function) and contains anandamide and tryptophan which also help with brain functions
– Almonds offer protein, healthy fats and minerals that are great for the body and your skin.
These truffles are a great way to eat a ‘smart’ dessert. What’s your favorite healthy dessert recipe?
About the Author: Shana Paladino-Ripp is a Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach. As a Health & Wellness Coach and member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, she works with people individually and in group settings to make positive adjustments in their lifestyle and overall well-being to produce real and lasting results. You can also find her on Facebook.