Do you own a kitchen scale? Digital scales are amazingly accurate, easy to use and can be used in a variety of ways. Baked goods definitely turn out better with accurate measurements. It’s also a dieter’s secret weapon; does anyone really know what 2 ounces of uncooked pasta looks like? Not sure if your envelope requires extra postage? Pop it on the scale!
Here are 7 reasons why a kitchen scale is an important tool:
- Small design – The compact size of the newer kitchen scale models make them convenient to leave right on your kitchen counter. The ease of access will have you reaching for it again and again.
- Consistently accurate – What exactly do 3 large bananas measure to when baking? The volume of a cup of flour can vary by up to 2 ounces brand by brand. Since baking is a precise science, having measurements vary can throw off your recipe. Measuring by volume ensures that your recipes come out perfect each time.
- Easy to use – Most kitchen scales are digital and could not be easier to use. Choose your measurement preference (ounces/grams/lbs/kilograms) and put the bowl on the scale. Hit the “tare” button to remove the weight of the bowl and you’re ready to start measuring. An illuminated large digital readout makes seeing the weight a snap.
- Dirty less dishes – When weigh everything in the bowl on the scale, you don’t need a measuring cup. The tare button lets you zero back with every new ingredient so you can measure everything in one bowl. This is especially helpful with sticky ingredients like peanut butter or honey. Plus, you do not need a variety of measuring cups and spoons when you’re actually weighing out your ingredients!
- Do conversions – Converting grams to pounds? You can save time figuring conversions out since most digital scales can be easily switch measurement modes from metric to imperial.
- Aid in weight management – It’s very hard to eyeball an accurate portion size. A kitchen scale will let you know precisely how much that piece of steak weights or how much pasta you’re putting on your plate. This eliminates any unwanted excess calories from your plate and keeps you on track with your eating plan.
- Ease of cleaning – The new models are generally seamless. They do not have nooks or crannies to catch food particles or spills, allowing for easy cleaning with a quick wipe down.
EatSmart Products happens to have two excellent digital kitchen scales many positive Amazon reviews. Both the EatSmart Precision Pro and the EatSmart Precision Elite have a large backlit digital read out and are accurate within .05 oz / 1g – making them efficient and easy to use!