Avocado Fries with Sweet & Spicy Peach Dipping Sauce
Guest post by Marnely Rodriquez-Murray, author of the blog, Cooking with Books.
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup panko
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup peach puree
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Stir peach puree, sriracha and honey together. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, heat about 3 inches of oil. The oil should be 350F for ideal frying temperature.
- Set up a breading station, placing flour in first bowl; in the second bowl whisk milk with salt; third bowl fill with panko. Season each step with salt and pepper! This is the order in which you will coat your avocado slices.
- Cut avocado open and remove pit and skin. Slice to ½ to ¾ of an inch thick, depending on what size you want your fries to be. The thicker cut the better, as for more control and sturdiness as a “fry” and much easier to dip!
- Dip slices into flour and coat; pass on to milk and finish coating with panko. Place on parchment-lined tray while you finish breading.
- Carefully fry each avocado slice until golden brown; don’t crowd that pot with slices, frying only a few at a time to keep oil at ideal frying temperature. Drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve with a side of Spicy Peach Dipping Sauce and enjoy!
About the Author: Marnely Rodriguez-Murray is currently a freelance food writer and professional baker, living on Martha’s Vineyard. She was born and raised in Dominican Republic, so her food is influenced by tropical flavors and intense combinations. Her blog, Cooking with Books, shares with readers the latest cookbooks in the market, recipes for the home cook, and more!